My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://elki.com.au/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

[mag love] the [sydney] magazine




Its that time of the month again...The [Sydney] Magazine time! Every month the Sydney Morning Herald produce one super glossy, over luxurious, could-never-afford-anything-in-there, magazine. They have a great design and look and I love the mix of photography and typography. One of my favourite things, are the large pieces of 3D type that are used in the photoshoots. It adds such depth to what could have been a flat white space. The monochromatic and vibrant colour contrasts, I'm also a fan of (if anyone has seen my portfolio!). The high-end photoshoots are also on par with international fashion magazines. And all for the price of $2.20!

Plus this month they feature one of my favourite designers, Marc Newson. As well as a run down on Sydney Design 09 - a must for all design lovers, be it interior, architecture, print and more. A must read.

So don't laugh if you see me standing at the country newsagents door, last Thursday of every month (to get my Sydney fix!). Is anyone else a fan, or am I am just blinded by the gloss stock!
p.s their website does no justice for the glossy goddess.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing, will have to have a look for it in Melbourne (probably Borders) - your description of the photography itself is enough to draw me in, I love a good magazine to admire x B

    ReplyDelete