My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://elki.com.au/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

(wedding venue) Hopewood House






This morning the winter sun is shining and it has me missing the warmth of summer (being a summer baby at heart). I thought I would share some beautiful images from Hopewood Country House in Bowral, where we're having our wedding in February. The recent owners, Susie and Michael have spent many a long hour to bring this old beauty into working order again. The property consists of 11 acres, 2 cottages, the large conservatory (where functions are held) and still only 2 minutes from town. You can stay in both cottages, The cottage is decorated in French provincial and is suitable for 1 or 2 couples - the perfect weekend getaway. Whilst the Caretakers cottage is more suitable for groups or families. Both are fully equipped and breakfast can be provided.

Susie also has the most beautiful store, French and Country, which was in Sydney before the move but now based at Hopewood. I had a look through it whilst we were down there last month, and I didn't want to leave! Anything vintage and French, it was there. The most gorgeous pieces, and the best part - you can buy online.

I can't wait for February, a glass of champagne, surrounded by friends and family, strolling through the gorgeous gardens. Please have a look, it will definitely brighten your winter morning, and might even prompt a winter weekend getaway!

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful sounding shop, will have to visit next time I am in SYD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie's store, French & Country is online now rather than in Sydney - so even better! Going to pop in this weekend, when I go home to mums in Bowral :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, this looks like a magical venue - I can't wait to see your wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks fabulous. Thanks for your comments and for visiting my blog. Your blog is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be absolutely gorgeous for a wedding venue! I would completely love to stay there for a weekend. I must check out that website!
    Have fun dress shopping! Don't let people talk you into something you don't love (it happens a lot). Love you blog =)

    ReplyDelete