My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://elki.com.au/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

to hat or not to hat?







With my mind flittering between my big move from the city to country (more on that later) and my upcoming wedding, I'm finding it quite difficult to concentrate on the present moment. At the present, I'm trying to work out whether to wear a hat/flower/fascinator (call it what you may) for the reception of my wedding. I showed my mum some ideas, and her gasp of shock "don't you think thats a little 'race-wear'?". My dress is going to be quite simple, so a little detail here wouldn't hurt, would it? I couldn't really see me wearing a veil for the reception. My best friend's recent wedding, she had a removable bustle & train - talk about reception entrance! (took us 4 bridesmaids to take it off!) Does anyone have experience with this or do you think we've gone a little too 'fasionista' for weddings these days?

ps. I'm loving ALL of these dresses as well!

[image sourced snippet&ink, 100 layer cake]

6 comments:

  1. Any excuse is a good excuse and what's more fabulous than your wedding!

    I wore a fascinator, instead of a veil (we had a garden wedding) and I'm so glad I did. I had Sydney's Neil Grigg make up something based on the piece Princess Mary wore to her sons christening. I sent him down some small pieces of my dress fabric and let his creative genius run with it. Here is a picture for you: http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/swishandswanky/headpiece.jpg

    x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amanda, that is simply beautiful! That's exactly what I'm thinking - something soft and special. Neil Grigg, oh how lovely. Thank you for your help.
    emx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a star! He was fabulous to work with. Please share more of your wedding plans, almost three years on and I still love to admire the pretty details.

    x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image Emma! Emma I have actually awarded you a 'Lovely blog award' as well. If your happy to receive it, these are these are the rules to follow:

    1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

    2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

    3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em, loving your blogs! Thanks for sharing your inspirations with us.
    Will be passing on these gorgeous pics to my two best friends, who both happen to be getting hitched in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amanda, I hope to provide more wedding inspiration down the track. :)

    ReplyDelete